‘Inspiring’ not for their professional standing but for the ocean of knowledge they are and their compassion towards the seeker.
ATTENDED CONFERENCE & COURSES
- Italian language course (A1 and A2 level): Attended 18 classes (2 hours each) taught by Luca Bernardini, jointly conducted by Consulate General of Italy in Mumbai and Somaya Centre of Life Long Learning, Mumbai from July to November 2015.
- Turkish Language Course (ongoing A2 level): personal tutor from Turkey -ongoing since June 2019.
- Attended 3-day lecture series titled ‘Horizons: A thematic History of Islamic Art’ by Finbarr Barry Flood at Jnanapravaha Mumbai, January 2015.
- Public talk titled ‘From Venice to Aleppo, A 50 year Journey with World Monuments Fund’ by Bonnie Burnham at Jnanapravaha Mumbai on 17th April 2015.
- Attended 4-day lecture series titled ‘Crafts: Sense & Sensibility’ by Dr. Kaiwan Mehta at The Artisans Gallery, Mumbai, April – May 2015.
- Attended public talk title ‘Sinan: Architect at the Centre of the World’ as part of Sinan Tour 2015 by Prof H. Masud Taj from Carleton University on 24th July 2015.
- Attended 3-day seminar series titled ‘Deccan Islamic Architecture: 400 years of Patronage and Building in Peninsular India’ by Dr. Helen Philon and Dr. George Michell. It was part of Islamic Aesthetics Seminar series at Jnanapravaha Mumbai, January 2016
- Attended 3 day Conference on ‘Windows+Mirrors: Looking at Contemporary Architecture in South Asia’. It was part of a 3-month long exhibition ‘The State of Architecture – Practices & Processes in India’ curated by Rahul Mehrotra, Ranjit Hoskote & Kaiwan Mehta at National Gallery of Modern Art, Mumbai, March 2016.
- Attended lecture titled ‘Visualizing a Buddhist Mandala: Architectural linkages between Kesariya, Borobudur and Tabo’ by Dr. Swati Chemburkar at Jnanapravaha Mumbai on 15th April 2016.
- Attended 3-day lecture series titled ‘Tantric Shakta Traditions and the Theology of Feminine Power’ by Dr. Madhu Khanna at Jnanapravaha Mumbai, September 2016.
- Attended 5-day lecture series titled ‘Monumentality in Buddhism’ by Dr. Pia Bancachhio at JnanaPravaha Mumbai, July 2017.
- Attended 3-day lecture series titled ‘Spiritual Beyondness: The Form of Allah and Visions of the Divine’ by Dr. Avinoam Shalem. It was part of Islamic Aesthetics Seminar series at JnanaPravaha Mumbai, January 2018.
- Attended daylong seminar on ‘Cultural Heritage of Afghanistan: Prehistory to Medieval times’ by Mr. Anand Kanitkar organized by Expansions on 10th February 2018.
- Attended 5-day lecture series titled ‘Seven Wonders of the Muslim Civilization’ by Prof. H. Masud Taj at Jnanapravaha Mumbai, November 2018.
- Attended and presented a talk at 6th International Conference of Islamic Art and Architecture, Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi, November 2018.
- Completed 4 week long online course titled ‘Coexistence in Medieval Spain: Jews, Christians and Muslims’ conducted by Dr. Roger Louis Martínez-Dávila. The course is offered by the University of Colorado System through coursera.org, March 2019.
- Attended 4-day lecture series titled ‘Khmer Temple: Architecture and Icons’ by Dr. Olivier Cunin at Jnanapravaha Mumbai, April 2019.
- Attended 5-day lecture series titled ‘Temple and text’ by Dr. Adam Hardy at Jnanapravaha Mumbai, November 2019.